Tips to undertake Fire Hose Testing
If you are living in a building or a single family home, it is important to have a fire hose equipment to handle any eventuality. Evert year there is loss of life and property due to an outbreak of fire. There are many reasons including problems caused due to summer season and also due to short circuit problemscausing a great damage in the long run. Before installing the equipment in the premises, one should undertake fire hose testing to ensure that it works during the occurrence of the problem. Certain precautions should be consideredto undertakeFire hose testing.
Understand the technicalities of the hose:
The length of the hose should be tested and it must not exceed 300 feet. It should be limited to maintain the flow of water while dousing the fire.
- To start with, the hose must be laid out in a straight line ensuring seamless functionality. If the equipment is not tested, it can malfunction during the time of crisis causing havoc on a massive scale.
- Equipment connected tothe hose such as bed, pre connects, hose bundles and the rolls need to be tested without any hassles.
- One of the most important aspects of Fire hose testingis the checking of the coupling so that they are not damaged.
- Gaskets should also be analyzed for wear and tear. If they are defective, it is important to replace these at the earliest rather than repenting at a later date.
- Outer jacket will play a very important role in supplying the stream of water under pressure to extinguish the fire.
Damage, testing machines and identification number:
According to the experts, every hose has an identification number that should be maintained to ensure the longevity of the equipment.
- Another important factor that should be kept in mind is the state of the hose tester.
- Before each testing session, its conditions should be checked thoroughly to deliver sterling results from a long term perspective.
- If there are any damages, the testing machine should be repaired immediately to prevent the occurrence of the problem.
- Since water is released from the hose at high speed, it is vital to check the leakages so that desired results could be obtained once the equipment is switched into action.
- Air from the hose must be removed so that the pressure doesn’t build up inside the pipe and cause an outburst during the time of operation.
Consult quality specialists and fire hose analyzers:
Fire hose testingalso comprises of the stabilization period that occur between testing. It is important to wait at least 3 minutes before commencing the process.
- Homeowners are not aware of technical aspects of testing and may not be able to find faults on their own. Therefore, they are required to avail the services of the professional to accomplish the task in an impeccable manner.
- If you are not aware about the testing services, it is important to check the yellow pages providing complete information about the companies and their contacts.
- Although you can get complete information, but the quality of services offered cannot be determined accurately because each vendor claims to provide the best in the industry.
- To analyze further, talk to the previous customers because they will be in a better position to provide minute details.
- The professionals must be well-versed with the technicalities of the equipment and its functionalities.
Moreover they should teach the homeowners on how to handle the tool in case of fire. With proper training, you would be better prepared to handle the situation when the catastrophe occurs. One can also log on to the internet and access the websites providing testing services at the fraction of the cost. They would go a long way in delivering wonderful results to the users.